Frequently Asked Questions
I am registered for an event and need disability access arranged. Are the venues accessible?
World Leaders Forum events take place in campus venues that accommodate people with disabilities and mobility issues. Please see the below listing of primary venues and disability access instructions. If you don't find the answer to your question regarding disability access within the information provided below, please contact Disability Services at email@example.com or (212) 854-2388.
Alfred Lerner Hall
- The Broadway, ground-level, entrance to Roone Aldridge Auditorium is wheelchair accessible, as well as the campus entrance to Alfred Lerner Hall. All guests will need to check-in at the security desk in the lobby.
- Faculty House is wheelchair accessible through Wien Courtyard on 116th Street between Amsterdam Avenue and Morningside Drive.
The Italian Academy
- The Italian Academy is accessible via the south side building entrance, just past the main entrance to Italian Academy, on Amsterdam Avenue. CUID holders with prior authorization from Disability Services, firstname.lastname@example.org 212.854.2388, can access the Italian Academy by placing the CUID over the card reader at the south side building entrance. University guests can press the intercom button to request access to the elevator.
Low Memorial Library
- Low Memorial Library is located on upper campus.
- The northeast building entrance is the only ground-level wheelchair accessible entrance to Low Memorial Library.
- If entering campus via the120th Street gate entrance, take the building elevator to the 4th floor to access the upper campus level. Turn left exiting the building and proceed to the northeast building entrance to Low Library.
- From Broadway or Amsterdam Avenues, travel along College Walk to Dodge Hall and use the elevator at the east end of the Dodge Hall building to access upper campus. CUID holders with prior authorization from Disability Services, email@example.com 212.854.2388, can access the elevator by placing the CUID over the card reader. University guests can press the button at the telephone box to request access to the elevator.
- The north most ground-level, entrance on Broadway, opens into the Miller Theatre lobby. Guests can use the wheelchair lift in the lobby to access the theatre. Guests should alert Miller Theatre staff or Public Safety, stationed in the lobby, to request access to the lift.
SIPA - Kellogg Center
- The SIPA Kellogg Center, Room 1501 on 15th floor of International Affairs Building (IAB) is wheelchair accessible by using the 420 West 118th street entrance to IAB between Amsterdam Avenue and Morningside Drive.
- Please note: The 15th floor restrooms are not accessible. The closest accessible restrooms are located on the 14th floor, which is accessible via the main elevators.
Where can I find a disability access map of Morningside Campus?
Maps of Morningside Campus are available at http://www.columbia.edu/content/maps.html including a disability access map. If you have any questions regarding campus access, contact Disability Services (DS) at 212-854-2388 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I arrange for sign-language interpretation, CART (speech-to-text), or captioning services?
Contact Disability Services (DS) at 212-854-2388 or email@example.com after registering for your event. Please note, Disability Services generally requires 7-10 days notice to ensure sign-language interpretation, CART (speech-to-text), and/or captioning service is provided for the event. Disability Services will continue to attempt to secure services on shorter-notice, but service may not be guaranteed.
How can I request wheelchair seating at an event?
Contact Disability Services (DS) at 212-854-2388 or firstname.lastname@example.org after registering for your event. Disability Services will coordinate with the event organizer to provide accessible wheelchair seating during the event. If you wish to borrow a wheelchair for an event, Disability Services has a limited number of wheelchairs available. Please contact Disability Services to make arrangements to pick-up a wheelchair.
How can I request large print or electronic copies of any handouts/material?
Contact Disability Services (DS) at 212-854-2388 or email@example.com after registering for your event. Disability Services will coordinate with event organizers to make large print or electronic copies of any handouts/material available during the event.
Who do I contact to arrange any other disability accommodations?
If you require any other disability accommodations, please contact the Disability Services at 212-854-2388 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can attend World Leaders Forum programs?
World Leaders Forum programs are open to Columbia University, Barnard College, and Teachers College students, faculty and staff. Registration is required to attend each event. Only registrants on the event's attendance list with proper identification will be admitted.
How do I register for a World Leaders Forum program?
Please go to the event listing, on the events page and click on the register button. Upon registering for a program, you will receive an email confirmation with further information.
Only registrants on the final attendance list with proper photo identification will be admitted.
I am on the waitlist for an event. What does this mean?
The event you have selected is at capacity. However, while on the waitlist you may have the opportunity to attend if space becomes available. You will be notified via email with details closer to the event date.
Why is there no register button appearing?
This means registration for this event has not opened yet.
I am having trouble registering. Who do I contact?
Please email email@example.com or call (212) 851-7419.
How can I cancel my event registration?
If you are registered for an event and can no longer attend, it is important to cancel your registration to give others the opportunity to attend. Please refer to your original event confirmation email. You will find a link with directions on how to cancel registration. If you do not have your original confirmation email, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I register for more than one World Leaders Forum event?
Can I register for more than one person at a time?
No, each guest must register individually.
What is a UNI ?
Every Columbia University student, faculty member, and permanent staff member has a unique identifier consisting of their initials plus an arbitrary number. Please visit http://uni.columbia.edu/ to look up your UNI, activate your UNI, or get information on how to have your password reset if necessary. If you are still having trouble, visit http://www.columbia.edu/acis/support/.
Will I receive a ticket?
No. World Leaders Forum events are not ticketed. Upon registering for an event, your name will be added to the event's attendance list. Please note that registrants must bring a photo ID to the event. Only registrants on the final attendance list with proper photo identification will be admitted.
Will I need to bring my e-mail confirmation to the event?
No. The email confirmation does not serve as a ticket for admission to the event. You will be admitted only if your name appears on the event's registration list and you bring a photo ID.
Is there a fee to attend an event?
No, all World Leaders Forum events are free.
How do I find out about upcoming events?
We encourage you to frequently check the World Leaders Forum website as well as the Columbia University calendar for upcoming events that are posted throughout the year.
How can I make arrangements for disability access?
For more information about disability access in the University, please visit the Disability Access section under the FAQ or click here: http://www.worldleaders.columbia.edu/faq
I am a member of the press. How can I receive more information on the World Leaders Forum?Please contact the Office of Communications and Public Affairs at (212) 854-5573 or visit their http://news.columbia.edu/contactus.
How can I view images and / or videos from a past event?
Most events are photographed, video recorded and archived on our website. Click the Event Images / Videos tab at the top of the page or search by event to find its video link.
Where can I find directions to the Columbia campus and a map of its buildings?
You can find driving directions by clicking on the following link: http://www.columbia.edu/content/morningside-heights.html
Where can I find a map of Columbia's campus?
You can find a map of campus by clicking on the following link: http://www.columbia.edu/content/maps.html
Is there parking?
We do not reserve parking for events. Please visit the following link for information on local parking: http://www.columbia.edu/about_columbia/parking.html
How do I find out about upcoming events?
We encourage you to check the University Programs and Events and the World Leaders Forum websites as well as the Columbia University calendar for upcoming events. We are in the process of developing an electronic listserv. More information on how to join will be available later in the semester. If you are interested in signing up, please contact us.